Sunday, May 27, 2012

Peppermint Tea with Fresh Mint


I have four different mint plants growing in my garden and they're growing like crazy! I decided to make some tea out of the peppermint leaves from the garden and it worked wonderfully! It is very quick and easy to do and it makes a very yummy tea. Peppermint is very healthy and is known to aid digestion and help soothe stomach problems. Plus, it smells and tastes great!

To make peppermint tea, pick a whole bunch of leaves from your mint plant. Rip the leaves up into a bunch of tiny pieces and place them on a paper towel. Let the ripped tea leaves sit for 24 hours, preferably in a sunny location. The leaves should dry out within this time - if they aren't dried out, let them sit for a longer amount of time. For me, 24 hours did the trick.


Put 2tbsp of dried mint leaves into a mug and pour boiling water over top. Add 5 fresh mint leaves to the mixture. Let this sit for 10-20 minutes, covered, to allow the tea to steep. Then, pour the leafy tea over a strainer into another mug to get rid of the leaves. You will be left with a very delicious and soothing peppermint tea!


I'm going to try this with my other varieties of mint, too! The next one to try will be the Sweet Pear Mint, followed by Grapefruit Mint and Pineapple Mint. Or maybe I will get fancy and try a mixture of a few all together! It was very quick and fun to make my own tea at home using only mint leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment