Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Soft and Fudgy Vegan Brownies


I have to say that these are the best brownies I have ever baked - they are chocolaty, fudgy, gooey, soft and delicious...and they're vegan with no dairy or eggs in sight!

This picture isn't the greatest as I snapped it quickly after eating a couple of them while the brownies were still in the pan. You can find the recipe over at the Cooking Vegan Food Up North blog. The only change I made to the recipe was adding 1/2 tsp vanilla and using regular granulated sugar, as opposed to using vanilla sugar that I didn't have.

You can definitely wow any chocoholics or dairy-loving friends with these brownies! I wouldn't have been able to tell that there weren't any dairy or eggs in these.

4 comments:

  1. I don't 'get' brownies. They seem like underbaked cake to me, however my husband likes them. Thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that! :) I think I'm just a choco-holic and anything with chocolate in it seems to work for me...and these are quite fudgy!

      Delete
  2. must try!
    I'm vegetarian (many years). You have some great recipes here, so I'm now following your blog!

    I know what you mean about the 80s being difficult for following a vegetarian diet, so were the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I hope you find some useful recipes here! I can only imagine how difficult it would have been in the 70s - it would be alright when cooking for yourself, but hard to find choices while eating in restaurants. Thankfully, it is easier nowadays!

      I also wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog - I love how bright and colorful it is and you always post such beautiful photographs! Maybe someday we will have to do another postcard swap :) have a wonderful day!

      Delete