Friday, September 9, 2011

Apple Crisp Muffins


This has got to be one of my favourite vegan muffins yet!  These are the Apple Crisp muffins as originally posted on Happy Herbivore.  Unlike the Oat Flour muffins I made from the same website last week, these ones turned out simply fantastic!  I made them exactly according to the recipe.  They had bites of apple inside and were very moist and delicious.  These muffins were quite sweet so you may consider dialing down the amount of sugar in the recipe.  I asked Paul about the amount of sugar in the muffins for a second opinion and he said to keep them exactly as I made them without changing a single thing!

While I love vegan baked goods, I found that these tasted just like a typical muffin using dairy would taste.  This may have been due to the fact that no dairy substitutes were in the recipe at all - applesauce is used along with whole wheat pastry flour, oats, sugar, maple syrup, and of course, apples!

These ones went pretty fast so I'll be cooking up a fresh batch pretty soon.  I didn't have to buy any extra ingredients to make these as it included ingredients that I already had on hand (definitely a plus!).  These make for excellent snacks while at work or on-the-go, visiting places that may not have vegan snacks or baked goods readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment